- 1 pound of fresh strawberries [sliced]
- 1 1/4 c. blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 T. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt.
- 1 can coconut milk [not light]
- 2 1/2 T. powdered coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Soak the almonds in a jar or bowl of water for 20 minutes. After the time has passed, pour out the water, rinse the almonds, and remove the skins. You should be able to easily wiggle and pinch the end of each almond to get rid of the skin. Allow the almonds to dry for another 15-20 minutes, then food process them.
- 2. Empty it into a medium bowl, then add honey and salt. Use your hands to mix it together. It should seem slightly crumbly. But if you squeeze a portion of it in your hand, it should stick together and seem dough-like. If it doesn’t, just add a little more honey and mix it in.
- 3. Empty the crust into the tart pan and press it down, starting in the center and working your way outwards and up the sides.
- 4. Wash the berries and remove the stems, then slice into ¼ inch slivers. Set in the fridge until you need them.
- 5. Carefully remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge. Keep it steady so the cream stays at the top. Open the can and scoop out all of the thicker material.
- 6. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and use a hand mixer – on medium/high speed – to combine. Keep mixing until it is light and fluffy, like whipped cream.
- 7. Use a rubber spatula to empty the whipped cream into the tart pan. Even it out smoothly and push it into all the edges. Start placing the berries around the outside and work your way in.
- 8. Refrigerate for 1 hour or longer. Enjoy!