Browned Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat. Swirl and stir for about 5-7 minutes or until little brown bits start appearing at the bottom of the pan. Transfer the butter to a bowl and allow to slightly cool.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat together for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until combined. Add milk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl and mix to incorporate. Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the nuts and white chocolate chips into the bowl. Fold in the ingredients.
- Use a cookie scooper and scoop balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.