Challah Chocolate Bread Pudding with Chocolate Ganache
- 4 cups milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of Challah bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ganache (recipe as follows) (1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by either buttering the dish or spraying the dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the milk and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Line the baking dish with 1/2 of the Challah slices.
- Sprinkle the top of the slices with half of the chocolate chips.
- Put the remaining Challah slices over the chocolate chips.
- Pout the milk mixture over the bread slices evenly so that all of the slices are covered in the mixture.
- Top the Challah slices with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Allow the baking dish to stand for 15 minutes. During this time, be sure to press down the Challah slices every once in a while in order to soak all of the slices in the milk mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is set and the Challah slices are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve with Chocolate Ganache. How To Make Ganache: Mix together 1 cup of heavy cream with 1 cup of milk chocolate chips. Melt the mixture in a double boiler. Stir together the mixture until it is a smooth chocolate sauce.