- 3/4 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 4 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate squares
- 2 cup(s) Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 package(s) (12 ounces) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13" by 9" metal baking pan with foil; lightly grease foil.
- In large glass bowl, combine margarine or butter and both types of chocolates. In microwave oven, cook, covered with waxed paper, on High 2 to 3 minutes until almost melted; stir until smooth. With wooden spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Then, beat in 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in almond extract, 2 eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until blended.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups chocolate batter in pan. Spoon cream-cheese mixture in 6 large dollops on top of chocolate batter (cheese mixture will cover much of chocolate batter). Then, spoon remaining chocolate batter in 6 large dollops over and between cheese mixture. With tip of knife, cut and twist through mixtures to create marble design.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean with a few crumbs attached. Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.